Charles M. Pickett (Secure Contact Form)
- Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Advocacy and Assistance
- Veterans, eligible spouses and dependents can go here for trained help in obtaining veteran benefits.
- Anne Mosher (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the MSW Veterans Service Officer for the Third District (including New Haven).
- Phone: 203-874-6711 Fax: 203-874-6716
- 70 West River Street Milford, CT 06460
- Connecticut Department of Labor Veteran Services
- Veterans may receive reemployment services from trained staff at American Job Centers (AJCs) throughout the state including Hamden.
- Connecticut National Guard (https://ct.ng.mil)
- State Public Affairs Officer (media inquiries, general info)
- Community Event Support (requests for color guards, parades, flyovers, etc.)
- VA Connecticut Healthcare System (https://www.connecticut.va.gov/)
- Main page for federal Veterans Administration healthcare information in Connecticut, including the West Haven VA Medical Center, which has the only VA emergency room in the state.
- Request your military service records (including DD214) (https://www.va.gov/records/get-military-service-records/)
- Submit a military records request to get your DD214 or other military service records through the milConnect website. Request a copy BEFORE a service member dies.
- My Army Benefits, U.S. Army: Official Benefits Website for Soldiers, Veterans, Retirees & Families (https://myarmybenefits.us.army.mil/Benefit-Library/State/Territory-Benefits/Connecticut).
What is a Municipal Veterans’ Representative in Connecticut
Duties are detailed in Connecticut General Statutes Sec. 27-135 (https://search.cga.state.ct.us/r/statute/) and include:
- coordinating representative in all matters concerning veterans and their dependents, coordinating the activities of public and private facilities concerned with veterans’ reemployment, education, rehabilitation and adjustment to peacetime living
- cooperate with all national, state and local governmental and private agencies in securing services and benefits to which a veteran or his dependents may be entitled
- use the services and facilities of the veterans organizations so far as possible to carry out the purposes of this section
- encourage and coordinate vocational training services for veterans