Municipal Veterans’ Representative for the City of New Haven Resource Page

Charles M. Pickett (Secure Contact Form)


  • Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Advocacy and Assistance
    • (
    • Veterans, eligible spouses and dependents can go here for trained help in obtaining veteran benefits.
    • Anne Mosher ( is the MSW Veterans Service Officer for the Third District (including New Haven).
    • Phone: 203-874-6711 Fax: 203-874-6716
    • 70 West River Street Milford, CT 06460
    • Veterans Stand Down: An annual event that offers veterans assistance in applying for benefits and entitlements with local, state & federal government organizations.
  • Connecticut Department of Labor Veteran Services
    • Veterans may receive reemployment services from trained staff at American Job Centers (AJCs) throughout the state including Hamden.
  • Connecticut National Guard (
    • State Public Affairs Officer (media inquiries, general info)
    • Community Event Support (requests for color guards, parades, flyovers, etc.)
  • VA Connecticut Healthcare System (
    • Main page for federal Veterans Administration healthcare information in Connecticut, including the West Haven VA Medical Center, which has the only VA emergency room in the state.
  • Request your military service records (including DD214) (
    • Submit a military records request to get your DD214 or other military service records through the milConnect website. Request a copy BEFORE a service member dies.


What is a Municipal Veterans’ Representative in Connecticut

Duties are detailed in Connecticut General Statutes Sec. 27-135 ( and include:

  • coordinating representative in all matters concerning veterans and their dependents, coordinating the activities of public and private facilities concerned with veterans’ reemployment, education, rehabilitation and adjustment to peacetime living
  • cooperate with all national, state and local governmental and private agencies in securing services and benefits to which a veteran or his dependents may be entitled
  • use the services and facilities of the veterans organizations so far as possible to carry out the purposes of this section
  • encourage and coordinate vocational training services for veterans